Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My New Favorite Thing

One of my new favorite things right now is the radio station KBYI (100.5 FM, I think). I discovered it by accident one day, but I paused long enough on the classical music it was playing to think, gee that's nice - the kind of music I can have on in the background even with the loud noise from little children and not feel like pulling out my hair or grinding my teeth. So the dial on the radio stayed put, and now it's been weeks and that dial still hasn't moved. The music is simply fantastic. I swear I can feel my blood pressure lowering immediately upon listening to it, and for some odd reason, I feel smarter when I listen to it too. And if that's not enough to convince you to give it a try, today they played the the entire soundtrack from Seven Brides For Seven Brothers!


So it's mostly classical music, but sometimes they'll play broadway hits and such. Today, I really enjoyed what they played, but on Saturday I tuned in to show Mac what a great station KBYI was, but unfortunately something kind of wierd was playing, and Mac declared it was over, saying he couldn't stay married to someone who liked listening to that kind of music. (It really was a bad selection of music at the time, but I think Mac was overreacting just a bit, wouldn't you say?) On Sunday, however, Mac gave KBYI props by saying it was way better than KLCE for Sabbath-appropriate music.


So, if you live in the vicinity of Rexburg and Idaho Falls, I urge you to give KBYI 100.5 FM a try. Let me know what you think! (As a side note, I was the 8th caller this morning and won something, but I didn't quite catch what it was I won, and I was too embarrassed to ask, so when it arrives in the mail, I'll be sure to update the blog and let everyone know what I won, since I'm sure you'll be just DYING to know. It was still exciting to win something, even if I don't know what it is yet.)

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I usually only listen to classical on Sunday---unless I am super stressed and need the calmness. But I live way too far away to get this channel---but glad you found one that you love!

arianne said...

I hope you won something amazing.