Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tortoise Sighting

It's not everyday that you see someone walking a giant tortoise at the park, so I just had to stop and take some pictures with my girls.
This lovely fellow is enjoying a snack at the park near our house, just around the corner actually. His owner lives nearby and was more than happy to let me snap some pictures and ask some questions, like - What's the difference between a tortoise and a turtle? Do you know?

Apparently, turtles live in water, and tortoises live on land. This handsome guy can live 300 years, so if you want one for a pet, you better make him part of your will!


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I must say that is one of the coolest things ever! I wish I could have been there. They don't have turtles in Utah. Atleast for as long as I have I been here.

Brandi said...

Quite the fun experience for all of you.
I made more of that zucchini bread! Yum!

Katy said...

Wow, CRAZY! I didn't know you could have one as a pet. Definitely a great photo op! Oh boy the things we might see if we can come visit. ;)

Alicia said...

Wow, that is the coolest thing ever. That thing is huge, glad you got pictures of it.