Thursday, March 12, 2009

Drawing Your Dinners




Yesterday I stopped by The Post Register's office (our local newspaper) and purchased a THICK ream of paper for $7. Seriously, the paper is going to last forever. And for $7, I think I got a gread deal. Before dinner, when I needed time to get things cooked and ready, I spread the paper over our table, gave the girls crayons and markers, and let them draw their dinners. They got as excited about this as they do when I tell them they can watch a movie. Kate was especially enthusiastic, asking me repeatedly, "What else do we have for dinner, Mom?" And then she went around to the other side of the table and drew toys and animals. Today she asked if they could do it again. It's never been so easy to prepare dinner. I read about this idea online, only now I can't remember which awesome website it was, so I apologize for not being able to cite the source. But to whomever it was, THANK YOU!


5 comments:

Alicia said...

That is such a great idea, I may have to head over to the Times News. My kids would be in heaven as well. And with Spring Break next week and weather not necessarily outdoor weather all day, I need good ideas, so thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

What a great idea! I'll have to save that one for when I have kids...Oh London is on the list for sure, I forgot about it when I was writing it for some reason...I am very old you know:)

Emily said...

i love your blog, julie! it's my little piece of you and your family that always makes me smile. love kate's story too. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a cute idea! Looks like they were having fun.

arianne said...

I don't think I've ever seen your blog before! It's so cute! (I linked to it from a comment you made on my Mom's blog.) What a cool photo of the temple. Happy spring!